/Ministry of Justice Family Legal Advice Service

Ministry of Justice Family Legal Advice Service

Online, you can find a lawyer who uses services such as the Lawyer Locater in the Martindale Directory, which provides access to the Law Directory, or you can use another of their free services, LexisNexis` Lawyer Directory or Martindale`s Personal Injury Lawyer Directory. Honolulu District Court Courtroom Access provides pilot legal assistance to the City of Oahu on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (except holidays) from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Hawaii State Bar Association volunteer attorneys will provide limited legal information over the phone in areas such as landlord-tenants, family, and other district court matters. Please call 808-909-2847. Your call will be answered by an AmeriCorps lawyer who will put you in touch with the lawyer. The admission criteria are the same as for FDR mediation. If you are eligible for fully funded FDR mediation, you can also use FLAS. See if you qualify here. The FDR Center can provide you with FDR mediation services (fully and partially funded), but we do not provide legal advice, either through the FLAS service or privately. However, you can find an approved FAS provider through the Department of Justice`s search tool, which you can access here.

Access to courtrooms – Volunteer lawyers provide limited legal advice to unrepresented litigants in civil proceedings. Provides civil law services to members of our community who have low income, disabilities or are 60 years of age or older. Before you go to court, you can seek legal advice on what to do if you can`t agree with someone else on how to care for your children. Williams Law is a Department of Justice approved legal aid provider. If you have a family dispute, contact us and we can tell you if you meet the eligibility criteria for legal aid and, if so, how to apply for legal aid to help you pay your legal fees. Legal assistance: www.lawhelp.org/hi/ legal information brochures, videos and online court forms on family, housing and other civil law issues. Family Services (FAS) Legal Advice and Legal Aid You may be eligible for free legal advice from the Family Law Advice Service (FAS). 15 minutes of free legal assistance.

Volunteer lawyers meet with appropriate self-represented litigants for a single fifteen-minute meeting. The lawyer will not meet with the self-represented litigant outside the program. The lawyer will also not represent the litigant in court. Self-help centre [Temporarily closed. See information on telephone consultations above.] Hours: Tuesday and Friday, 11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Service: Volunteer lawyers provide limited legal information to self-represented litigants in civil matters. Hawaii Online Pro Bono (HOP): hawaii.freelegalanswers.org/ ABA Free Legal Answers is an online legal aid clinic that allows authorized users to ask civil law questions for free. Volunteer lawyers respond online.

Keep in mind that court officials cannot give you legal advice. If you have a question about your options or what you should do, you should talk to a lawyer. Just because you`re talking to a lawyer doesn`t necessarily mean you have to hire that lawyer to represent you. Ask the lawyer if they are willing to meet with you for a consultation to answer your questions without having to hire that lawyer for full representation. Also, before meeting with the lawyer, ask what fees will be charged for the consultation. Service provided: Volunteer lawyers provide limited legal assistance to self-represented litigants with legal advice in civil matters related to tenant landlord cases, debt collection cases, and injunction cases (involving people who are not family members or parties who are not or have not been in a relationship now). Service provided: Volunteer lawyers and an Americorps lawyer provide limited legal information to assist self-represented litigants in district and family court civil matters. Assistance is provided on matters related to landlord cases, debt collection cases, district and family court injunctions, divorces, custody and other matters.

Support may take the form of providing court forms, reviewing court documents for interpretation, or ensuring that forms have been completed correctly. In addition, volunteers try to answer as many procedural questions as possible. Support Centres – Volunteer lawyers and Ameri-Corps lawyers provided limited legal information to help self-represented litigants navigate forms and court processes. *Free interpretation services for most languages are available at self-help centres. You must inform court staff if such assistance is required. You can also find more information on the Language Access page. Not eligible for FLAS? You may still want to seek legal advice and a good place to start is the New Zealand Law Society`s Find a Lawyer database, which you can find here. The service offers parties involved in a custody dispute: the hotline for legal aid is available during its normal hours from Monday to Friday from 9am to 11.30am and from 1.30pm to 3.30pm. Those who need legal help or have a legal problem due to the impact of COVID-19 should call 808-536-4302 (Oahu) and 1-800-499-4302 (nearby islands). There is no right to this service. Instead, people seeking help must not have received prior legal assistance related to the same issue, and their question must be able to be asked and answered within fifteen minutes. Individuals using the Service will be directed to legal service providers and reference materials for assistance.

To provide this service, a lawyer must be licensed by the Family Law Legal Advice Service. Lawyers licensed by the supervised family litigation service provider can also help provide family law counselling. Provides legal representation to the low-income population of Delaware in civil matters such as bankruptcy filings and counseling, consumer matters, housing matters, and unemployment benefit matters. If you would like to know if you qualify for free legal advice from one of the legal service providers listed below, please visit the Legal Assistance link. If you are eligible, the Legal Aid link will direct you to the appropriate legal service provider. You can also request a lawyer referral through the Lawyer Placement Service to arrange a 30-minute meeting with a lawyer for a reduced fee. This service is available by appointment. To make an appointment and be tested for fitness, visit the information desk on the first floor of the Leonard L. Williams Justice Center or call 302-255-0476. Advice on your statutory rights and obligations and the parenting arrangements options you want and how the court will apply the Child Protection Act 2004 to your case If you can`t afford a lawyer, you may be able to get legal help. The Volunteer Court Navigator program has been expanded to include email services.

Unrepresented individuals can now send inquiries to: courtnavigator.2cc@courts.hawaii.gov DVLS is a primarily volunteer lawyer organization that provides legal assistance to members of our community who have low incomes or who are victims of domestic violence with problems in various civil fields. They can be reached at 302-478-8680 or 1-888-225-0582. The Defence Services Office represents the following indigent defendants in criminal cases: any adult arrested or charged with an offence punishable by imprisonment and unable to afford a lawyer; and any child arrested or charged with a crime. Telephone: Please call 808-909-2847 during the above days and hours. Your call will be answered by an AmeriCorps lawyer who will put you in touch with the lawyer. The operational policy of the Family Law Advice Service [PDF, 1 MB] describes: 74-5451 Kamakaeha Avenue Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740 [map forthcoming]. If you are a FLAS provider and need assistance with the resolution management system, please contact the RMS Support Center, available Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: 1111 Alakea Street, Third Floor Honolulu, HI 96813 [map]. In 2018, a personal volunteer court navigator program was implemented in the Second Circuit (Maui County).